Your Privacy Rights
At Michaels, we care about your privacy concerns, and we strive to be transparent about our practices. This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes the information that Michaels Stores, Inc., its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and service partners (collectively, “Michaels”) collects about you; how we use and protect this information; and the choices you can make about how we use this information.
Information Covered by This Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to information, including personal information, collected about you by Michaels. Personal information is information that could reasonably allow you or your household to be identified. Some Michaels sites may contain links to non-Michaels sites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of those third parties and we are not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites or how data that is collected through those sites is processed as it is subject to their own privacy policies and terms. We recommend you review and understand the privacy policies and security practices of each third-party site you visit before you share information with them.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect from you directly;
- Information we collect, including through cookies and other technologies as discussed below, about you when you visit or register with our sites, call Customer Care, use our services, make purchases, participate in programs like MakerPlace by Michaels, participate in promotions, or view our online advertisements; and
- Information we collect about you from other sources, including commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases.
Michaels retains your information only for as long as necessary to provide requested products or services or as required by applicable law.
Information We Collect
Michaels may have collected, and in certain cases, shared, as described below, in the last 12 months the following categories of personal data about you:
- Identifiers: real name, alias, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth or age, online identifier or user name and password, Internet Protocol address, signature, special status designations (i.e. teacher, student, military), or other similar identifiers.
- Sensitive personal information: Social Security number, driver's license number, state identification card number, passport number, demographic information including race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, and financial account information (debit/credit card, along with a security code).
- Commercial information: products or services purchased, obtained, returned/exchanged, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet, mobile device, or other similar network activity: browsing history, search history, Michaels emails you open and forward, Michaels offers and links you collect to via email, device model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data to provide your location for curbside pickup or to determine the nearest store and with your specific consent.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information: profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services offered by Michaels, and to manage our sites and services, as follows:
- Provide offers, products, and services and send information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request
- Create and manage your account, including cross-device linking.
- Process payment for purchases or other services
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about Michaels products and services.
- Develop and provide advertising related specifically to Michaels products and services tailored to your interests.
- Analyze the use of our products, services, and sites.
- Administer surveys and focus groups.
- Understand how you arrived at our site.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage or protect our business.
- In the event Michaels is acquired or sold, we may transfer your information as part of the transaction.
Tracking Tools: Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
We may use tracking tools to serve you with interest-based advertising and to better understand your behaviors and browsing activities. We permit third parties to gather information through our websites, including for behavioral advertising purposes. You can opt out of online behavioral advertising by going to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. When enabled, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they “do not track” the user. Currently, we do not change our practices in response to DNT browser settings. For information about DNT, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Your Privacy Rights
Depending on applicable data protection and privacy laws, you may be entitled to a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of your information. These rights vary depending on the particular laws of the jurisdiction applicable to you, but may include:
- Right to Know: you may have the right to request information about the information we have collected about you, the purpose of our collection, and the source of the data. You may also have the right to know with whom we have shared your information, including for direct marketing purposes, for what purpose, and what information has been shared.
- Right to Access: you may have the right to request information about how we process your information and to obtain a copy of that information.
- Right to Opt-Out: you may have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your information. Subject to certain exemptions, you may have the right to restrict our use and disclosure of sensitive personal information.
- Right to Portability: you may have the right to receive your information, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
- Right to Correction: you may have the right to request the modification or correction of any errors in the information that we have collected from you. Please note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe that doing so would violate any law, legal requirement or rights of another person, or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Right to Deletion: you may have the right to request the deletion of your information that we have collected from you. Please understand that we may not be able to delete your information except by also deleting your account, which may require cancellation of products or services that we provide to you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: when processing of information is based on consent, you may have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing.
- Right to Be Free from Discrimination: we will not discriminate against you for exercising your consumer privacy rights.
- Right to Object: you may have the right to object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision-making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a regulator, including relevant supervisory authorities.
You may exercise any applicable rights as follows:
- Michaels Customers: submit your request via this webform or contact us directly via the methods listed below.
- • California-based employees, former employees, or applicants: submit your request to: CPRA@michaels.com Include: first and last name, phone number, your Michaels employee number or the last four digits of your social security number, and a short description of your request.
Once we receive your request, you will receive a confirmation email which may request additional information, including personal information. You will have seven (7) days to respond. Once received, in most cases, Michaels will process your request within 45 days. If more time is needed to respond, Michaels will notify you. You may use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Electronic and Mobile Communications. We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you provide us with your contact information and opt in to receive the messages. You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from Michaels by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive. You agree that by opting-in and providing your wireless telephone number to Michaels you’re expressly consenting to receive automated marketing text messages from Michaels to the mobile number provided. Consent is not required to purchase goods or services.
Postal Mail. We may mail you unsolicited offers or product information that we believe is of interest to you. Promotional postal mail may contain opt out instructions, and you can stop receiving promotional postal mail from us by following those instructions.
Access. You can view, correct, or update the personal contact information you provide us by navigating to “My Michaels” and logging in with your username and password.
How to Opt-In and Opt-Out of Communications
Our Site provides you the opportunity to opt-in and to opt-out of receiving communications from Michaels. To have your information removed from the Michaels database, please contact us with your request online, by email or by phone as follows:
Online. Visit the “Contact Us” form on our website and submit the completed form.
By email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email address of record with a subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.
Click “Unsubscribe.” Each email we send you contains an “UNSUBSCRIBE” link at the bottom of the email. Open your email, click “UNSUBSCRIBE”, and follow the instructions on the screen to change your communication preferences.
By phone. Call 1-800-MICHAELS and ask to be removed from future mailings.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service-related communications with respect to transactions and we may need to keep the transaction information we have collected about you for record keeping, to the extent permitted by law.
Information Sharing, Service Partners and Affiliates
Michaels does not sell your personal information and only shares your information with service providers or for specific business purposes, as described below. If you do not want Michaels to share your personal data, as described below, please contact us via one of the methods listed below.
Third-party service providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you. Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services, and sites.
- Combine your personal information collected by Michaels with information from our business partners to jointly send tailored promotional communications through a service provider to you. In such instances, only the service provider will have access to the combined information. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or by logging in to your account on Michaels.com and changing your communication settings.
- Perform other services that we request.
Other situations. We may share your personal information:
- To social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, when you choose to use certain features or tools available on our Site or Apps that enable you to connect to a social medial account or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, or other content on social media;
- If Michaels or a Michaels entity or business is sold to another company;
- To protect and defend the rights and property of our customers, the public, or Michaels (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions);
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with law, regulatory requirements, or requests from public authorities; and
- At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent.
- Aggregated, de-identified, and non-personal information. We may share aggregated information that cannot identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Michaels sites or services.
As described in the "Tracking Tools" section above, we use certain analytics services, including Google Analytics, to better understand how customers use our Websites and Apps to improve those technologies and optimize your experience and interactions. Through the use of such services, we may share your personal information; such information is not intended to be used for cross-contextual advertising. If you wish to opt-out of allowing Google to collect analytics information, please visit Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Loyalty Programs (Financial Incentive Programs)
Michaels may administer voluntary loyalty and incentive programs, including Michaels Rewards. By joining these programs, you may receive rewards vouchers and access to personalized specials and offers. See https://www.michaels.com/rewards for additional details and terms and conditions. To enroll and utilize Michaels loyalty programs, you can opt-in on our website or in-store with a Michaels team member. You may opt out of any programs at any time; however, when you opt-out, any accumulated rewards will be deleted and you will no longer have access to benefits. If you re-join later, any deleted incentives will not be reinstated.
Under certain data protection laws, these loyalty programs are considered Financial Incentive Programs. To provide you with incentives, we may collect and use your personal information, which may include your name, phone number, address, characteristics of protected classes (i.e. age/birthdate, gender), purchase history, geolocation data, preferences, characteristics, network data including browser or search history, and other personal information as listed above to identify you and provide access to the program. Michaels incurs expenses related to these programs, which vary depending on your spend and the offers you choose to use, and we make this investment to offer you an enhanced experience. These incentives are reasonably related to the value of the data you provide.
Loyalty program participants may have opportunities to redeem offers for products or services with Michaels partners. Even when the offer is made available to you through a Michaels program, Michaels is not responsible for the terms or fulfillment of the offer or the partner’s products or services.
User Generated Content
Michaels Sites (such as Michaels.com, michaelswedding.com, michaelskids.com and michaelscustomframing.com) enable users to submit their own content for contests, blogs, videos, MakerPlace by Michaels, and other functions. Please remember that any such information you disclose becomes public information and is not covered by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial, or other information in a submission. User generated content remains the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it; Michaels is not responsible for user generated content. Michaels cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy and safety.
We use technical, administrative, and procedural measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access or use. No such measure is ever 100% effective, and we do not guarantee that your personal and other information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such information. Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at 1-800-MICHAELS (1-800-642-4235).
Please note that email may not be encrypted and cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. Michaels will never ask you to submit your credit card information via email.
Children's Online Privacy
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 online.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact Michaels directly.
- Contact Us by Mail:
- Michaels Stores, Inc.
- Attn: Customer Service
- 3939 W. John Carpenter Freeway
- Irving, TX 75063
- Contact Us by Phone:
- Monday – Friday: 8 AM to 7 PM CST
- Saturday: 9 AM to 6 PM CST
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and update the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. The changes will take effect as soon as posted. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Consumers With Disabilities
We are committed to world-class service for all of our guests. In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act as amended and other state, local and provincial laws, we provide effective communication with our hearing-impaired customers and assistance for customers with any special need. Please let us know how we can accommodate you!
MICHAELS TEXT MESSAGING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text (e.g., SMS and MMS) messages (e.g. cart reminders) from Michaels, including text messages that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system, to the mobile telephone number you provided when signing up or any other number that you designate. Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Message frequency will vary. Michaels reserves the right to alter the frequency of messages sent at any time, so as to increase or decrease the total number of sent messages. Michaels also reserves the right to change the short code or phone number from which messages are sent and we will notify you when we do so.
Not all mobile devices or handsets may be supported and our messages may not be deliverable in all areas. Michaels, its service providers and the mobile carriers supported by the program are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Respond to any text received by Michaels by texting the keyword STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to cancel. After texting STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT, you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, and you agree that Michaels and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Michaels through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
If you are experiencing any problems, please visit https://support.attentivemobile.com/help/ and submit the form with details about your problem or your request for support, or email email@example.com. You can also text the keyword HELP to receive customer care contact information.
This message program is a service of Michaels, located at 3939 W. John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, Texas 75063.
- General. Any dispute arising out of or related to these terms and conditions (“Messaging Terms”) will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court, and is generally more expedient and cost effective. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or in any way related to these Messaging Terms, or your receipt of text messages from Michaels or its service providers whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of when a claim arises. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY AGREEING TO THESE MESSAGING TERMS, YOU AND MICHAELS ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AND THAT THESE MESSAGING TERMS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT.
- Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection (a) above, nothing in these Messaging Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of you or Michaels to: (i) bring an individual action in small claims court; (ii) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (iii) seek injunctive relief in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction; or (iv) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Michaels will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these Messaging Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879 , or by contacting Michaels. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
- Notice; Process. If you or Michaels intends to seek arbitration, then the party seeking arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by U.S. Mail ("Notice"). Michaels address for Notice is: 3939 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, Texas 75063, Attn: Chief Executive Officer. The Notice must: (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). You and Michaels will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if you and Michaels do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or Michaels may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Michaels must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any.
- Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Messaging Terms, Michaels will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $15,000 or as set forth below, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. If the claim is for $15,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (i) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (ii) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (iii) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse Michaels for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. You and Michaels agree that such written decision, and information exchanged during arbitration, will be kept confidential except to the extent necessary to enforce or permit limited judicial review of the award. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from you or Michaels made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND MICHAELS AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Michaels agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Messaging Terms, if Michaels makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to Michaels address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Michaels address for Notice, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Michaels.
- Enforceability. If an arbitrator decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of the limitations of subsection (f) above (addressing class, representative and consolidated proceedings) as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and brought in court. If any other provision of these Messaging Terms is found to be unenforceable, the applicable provision shall be deemed stricken and the remainder of these Messaging Terms shall remain in full force and effect.